Falkirk 3
Dumbarton 3
League (Championship)


3 - 3


League (Championship)
Saturday, January 31st, 2015
Falkirk Stadium. Att. 3,703
3:00 PM Kick-off

Craig Sibbald (21)
Luke Leahy (35)
David Smith (80)
Scott Taggart (19)
Darren Petrie (63)
Archie Campbell (71)

Team Managers
Peter Houston Ian Murray

Starting Eleven
Jamie MacDonald
Kieran Duffie
Will Vaulks
Peter Grant
Luke Leahy
David McCracken
Blair Alston
Craig Sibbald
Mark Kerr
Rory Loy
John Baird
Danny Rogers .1
Scott Linton .3
Stuart Findlay .18
Andy Graham .4
Darren Petrie .17
Mark Gilhaney .7
Scott Agnew .8
Scott Taggart .12
Archie Campbell .20
Dylan Easton .16
Mitch Megginson .10

Graham Bowman
Thomas Taiwo
David Smith
Liam Dick
Alex Cooper
Botti Bia Bi
Taylor Morgan
Jamie Ewings .19
Lee Mair .5
Donald McCallum .15
Keir Whitefield .25

David Smith for Blair Alston (68)
Botti Bia Bi for Mark Kerr (77)
Donald McCallum for Archie Campbell (90)
Lee Mair for Scott Linton (90)

None. Mark Gilhaney (86)

Red Cards
None. None.

Match Officials

George Salmond (Referee)

Photography by Donald Fullarton

Match Report

DUMBARTON secured an important point on the road against SPFL Championship form team Falkirk in this game, with a busy 3-3 draw that was very nearly a victory.

“It's a great point after a difficult run of defeats,” commented Sons gaffer Ian Murray after the match. “We could have had even more.”

The manager had been forced into a number of changes in the build up to the game, following losses against Rangers, Hearts and Livingston.

Out went David van Zanten and Chris Turner through injury, along with Lee Mair, who returned to the bench.

Replacing the trio in the starting line-up were Mark Gilhaney, returning from attention to a broken nose, Scott Taggart, and Darren Petrie – the new loan player from Premiership side Dundee United.

Dumbarton started brightly and went ahead on 19 minutes when Scott Taggart struck home from close range to claim his first goal for the Sons.

However, Craig Sibbald then equalised for the Bairns just two minutes later.

From that point onwards the home side then began to apply real pressure and went ahead before the break from a Luke Leahy goal.

Both the home side's goals involved deflections and although they had enjoyed more possession the late blow was a little harsh on Dumbarton.

In the second half Sons continued the fight back they had commenced towards the end of the opening period.

But in truth Falkirk, an accomplished side looking to build on a solid run, still looked well in control much of the time.

Nevertheless, the visitors were rewarded for dogged perseverance on 63 minutes when Darren Petrie claimed his first goal in a Dumbarton shirt with a firm strike past Falkirk goalie MacDonald.

Then to the delight of an enthusiastic away support, Sons went ahead on 71 minutes thanks to a cracker from Archie Campbell.

Dumbarton were desperate to cling on, but it was not to be. Falkirk launched wave after wave of attack.

The match was set up for a tense finale when David Smith equalised on 80 minutes.

The Bairns went on the assault once more, sensing the real possibility of snatching a victory from what had looked like points lost.

From that point on, however, Sons steadied their nerves and organized themselves well to claim a vital point against a well-equipped Falkirk side.

Next week Dumbarton benefit from a cup break. Then on 14 January they have a critical home match against strugglers Cowdenbeath.

Match report written by Simon Barrow

Squad Statistics (as at January 31st, 2015)

2014-15 All Time
Danny Rogers (GK)20 23 - 23 -
Andy Graham31 2731058
Stuart Findlay19 3 - 3 -
Scott Linton25 22 - 571
Darren Petrie19 1111
Scott Taggart23 221221
Scott Agnew27 27314033
Mark Gilhaney30 24217229
Dylan Easton20 2 - 2 -
Archie Campbell24 262262
Mitch Megginson22 2737015
Lee Mair (sub)34 151151
Donald McCallum (sub)18 3131

League Table (as at January 31st, 2015)

No league table has been added for this season.